Advice and suggestions please

• I'm currently doing the Shredded Extreme 16-week program and I'm about halfway through. One of my primary goals with bodybuilding is to lose fat and then build muscle. I started lifting regularly back in September of 2023 after my 46th birthday and I weighed in at 115kg of mostly fat. I had a regular program and an attempt at a diet which gave me some results. Fast forward to I think March of this year and I started my current program and saw immediate results in weight loss and strength. My question is this, if I still haven't lost enough fat by the end of 16 weeks, is it ok to start the 16 weeks over? Or should I go to a maintenance cycle like the High Volume Training 8 week first then back to the 16 weeks? 

• @Lucas Musser Hi Bro. I'm in the same situation as you (11th week of the plan for me). Personnally, I'm thinking of continuing the Shredded Extreme Plan diet for a few weeks and doing what you've doing for "high volume training 8 weeks". 

• @Damien Martinez the doctor cleared me of the pneumonia but said that I still have to take it easy and maybe only do some light cardio until the cough clears completely. I explained about my exercise regiment and she said definitely wait until the cough is gone or you'll be back here again. 

• @Damien Martinez Today is May 23 and I'm thinking that I'm healed up enough to continue my exercise routine again. I'll be going back in on the 28th for a four-in-a-row week instead of the regular rest day midweek. Do you still think that picking up on my deload week is a good plan? Or just start over? I'm weighing in at 92-95kg still and I want to get to around 75-80kg before I try stacking on some muscle for real. The Shredded Extreme plan allows me to lose weight and lift while building that lift mentality. 

• @Lucas Musser I'm glad to read all this 😎. I think it's reasonable for you to resume on a deload week : you've gone several days without weightlifting 💪

• @Damien Martinez how are your results with the workout plan? I'm restarting on Monday, June 17 because after I recovered from pneumonia I had my son's bday and then my staycation. Now everything is over and I'm in good health so there are no excuses.