Training log...

• Just wondering if anyone uses a training log to keep track of thier sets and reps for progressive overload? Is it recommended? If so, I'm wondering if there is a journal to purchase..

• No I don't. I use the workouts on Cutler Club site.

• @Ron Graves How do you keep track of your sets and reps?

• I buy small note books from the dollar store 5.5x4 inches in size and usually have between 100-150 sheets. On Sunday I write down the upcoming weeks routine ( say bench press 5x12) and then skip a line ( where I enter the weights as I perform the exercise) . 

I then move down and add the next exercise and so on.

Now for the really OCD part. I then go home and enter the entire workout on the "My Fitness Pal" website to have both an electronic and paper copy for reference.

• I used a journal everything on the way up not that I ever looked back at what I was doing as I kept progressing until I want to Mr. Olympia.

• @Charles Sorre I write down my workout & my reps, weights etc.. on a notepad on my smartphone. I consult it before my session (my phone stay in the locker during) and I update it at the end. 

• This is really important for Jay's high volume approach, where you are aiming for incrementla gains in reps / weight over a number of weeks. 

• @Team Cutler do you recommend bringing the journal to the gym to write down after the sets?

• Mmmm, you can do, or keep notes in your phone. It is hard to remember everything AFTER you're done, right?

• I like to write everything down, so i print out sheets for the week with the workouts and reps so there is no guess work. 

• I use Evernote app on my phone. Keeping track has really helped as others have said.