Hi Everyone! 521 days

• Hi everyone, I joined about 30 minutes ago. 

I turn 50 in 521 days, and my goal is to be in shape by then, a la Jay's 'fit-for-50'. 

I was a big powerlifter/bodybuilder in my 20s, but life got in the way and started lifting again about 2 months ago. In the 20 years or so that I wasn't working out I have increased my mass a lot...just not muscle mass. I've got a FB% in the 30s (up from about 7-8%). 

I've noticed that my lifts returned fairly quickly--135kg ( 297lb) bench for 2 last week and 320kg (705lb) leg press for 4 last night. *sorry, I'm in NZ and I think in kg, always having to convert lbs into kgs. 

Starting to see curves reappear that I'd forgotten I ever had. 

My big problems now are diet and a torn calf from last night. I have to be ultra careful about carbs. My plan thus far has been to start by trying to eliminate sugars, try to get in the protein and let the carbs take care of themselves, but I'll have to become more and more strict with the carbs from now on. 

Anyway, last night after legs I decided to do calves. warmed up, stretched and 2 reps into my first set of standing raises I felt an almighty 'bang' in my right inner calf. I'd never felt anything like that before and I knew straight away that something was very wrong. I don't think it's serious, but it's definitely injured, probably mildly torn. 

My questions: how do I keep my metabolism up if I'm going to be hobbling around for a few weeks? and any tips about what I should be eating at my age and BMI. 

Thanks, Greg