How to approach the 4 (or 5) sets of 10-12

• How should I approach the 4x10-12 working sets. Would i warm up to my heaviest weight I could do for 10-12, and then only start counting the sets there as set one, and then continue with that weight for all 4 (or 5) sets of 10-12?......or do you warm up on set one and count it and gradually increase the weight till you get to the last set?

Asking bc previously I have been prymiding up ex 20/15/12/10/8 and just picking a weight that makes me fail at or around the number of reps. So the 4 (or 5) sets of 10-12 is new for me and I wanted to know how to approach it. Should every set be to failure and you just dont count the warmupsets or does the 4 or 5 sets of 10-12 include the warmups?

• @Jack Bartlett I would dev start lighter any pyramid the weight up... i know I say 8-12 reps.... so for example... If I was doing 4 sets I would do 12 reps for sure the first 2 sets..... the 3rd might be 10 and the finall set 8 reps..... as the weight goes up don't expect to do more reps..... understand?

• Yes thats perfect, thankyou!