Scared and confused!!

• So I have lost 210lbs going from 418lbs to 205lbs. I know to add size and muscle I need to eat!!! My mental problem is when I see the scale number go up it scares the hell out of me since I have come so far with my weight loss. I know if the scale goes up its not necessarily fat gain and that it's most likely muscle gainif I do the right thing with my nutrition and workouts. I am currently working out 4/5 days a week. I try to do 20-25 sets per body part. How do I know I am losing fat even though the scale number might be going up. Is there a way to calculate the fat loss and muscle gain. Be so heavy has really mentally messed me up but I really would love to add a good amount of size and even at 51 years of age have somewhat of the body I always dreamed of having. The no shirt at the beach type of body which I never in my life was able to do. Appreciate all and any advice!! Thank you!!

• You could try out using a tailor's tape for your neck and waist then input your age, height, and weight for online calculation. There's also the calipers which I'm not familiar with how to use but they are a thing. Other than that I know there's a few way more accurate ways you can do in the hospital.... the homestyle ways are accurate within like 5% I think which is what I use... 

• one more thing is the electromagnetic measurement which I'm going to try out but I've heard that it can be less accurate if you've got a lot of body fat... Samsung smart watch famously uses this method and claims to be within 1-2% 

• @Lucas Musser thank you!

• @Steven Cappo hi Steven. I recommend you buy a pair of "adipometer forceps" (there's not very expensive). Indispensable for measuring your bodyfat, and reassuring you about the scale 😉