Hitting calories and macros with job and family

• Hey guys,

after 2 years of powerlifting, I really want to focus on now bodybuilding and see how far I can get at the age of 41. 
    I'm 6'2 and 260 lbs with about 23% bf. There is a solid muscle foundation to start, so first off I go on Jay's Cutting Extreme!!! 😎

As a sales person, I'm traveling and eating out a lot, when I'm at home I have 3 Little kids and a lovely wife. So sticking to a strict mealplan is hardly sustainable.
    I'm planning to hit my calories and protein first. What are your thoughts on intermittend fasting? On the long run, I think it might help me staying consistant with my calories and protein.

Wish you all the best, stay hard and thanks for your recommendations!

Thomas

• I think intermitant fast plays a key role in weight loss and resetting your set point. It also helps control your insulin levels. There is a great book I would recommend called The Complete Guide to Fasting by Jimmy Moore. You can get in on Audible. Listen to the book and give it a try. I think you will be very surprised on how it will help control hunger.

• @Terry Denney great recommendation, thank you Terry!

• Thsi is a tough one.... I think for sure it WILL work to lose weight..... but the problem is going back to the "normal" eating (if that does happen) the weght will fall back on...

I know its not easy to travel.... I do it veru conistently.... I make sure I plan ahead with food on the go or a fridge and micro in my room in case..... make sense?

The diet is everything honestly.

• It can definitley work. Cyclical fasting can be a great way to help sustain metabolic output, with carb refeed days, so you don't let the metabolism crash hard. Don't over do it though because it can catabolise testosterone, especially if stressed, in your 40s. :)

• @Jay Cutler Thank you, you're right: diet is everything! I keep on pushing 💪🏽

• @Team Cutler thank you guys! I'll also male sure to hit my numbers. 🙌🏽