Protein Shakes

• I am preparing to start the "Get Shredded Extreme" program. I noticed though Jay limits the shakes to 2 a day, but didn't notice whether this would be included in the macros? Are we subtracting those amounts from our daily protein and carb goals? 

• @James Cotton personnally, I try to eat 5-6 meals a day, of REAL food. Supplements are important, and post-workout protein shake is VERY important, but I don't include it, in my total protein Macros calcule for the day. 

• Actually I do Jay Cutler's "get shredded extreme" plan (week #4 for me 💪), and I follow the meal plan "to the letter" (excuse me I'm french lol) so just 1 protein shake with egg whites & oats for meal #1. 

• Level 3: Mr. Olympia Status
    Admin

I'll be honest with you guys I've dieted it on several shakes a day and had great success with that. Today, I would tell you that food is obviously your first choice but definitely I wouldn't be afraid to use protein powder but with some sort of carbohydrate or vegetables. Chris Aceto always had me on protein shakes. Hany preferred a different approach.

• @Jay Cutler I agree with you. On days when I work (I'm a police officer with 12 hours a day) it's sometimes difficult to take all my meals correctly. Protein shakes are my saviors in times like these. On my day off, I can be a bodybuilder for 24 hours and eat whole food 💪

•  I work 10 hours a day and I use one protein shake day with carb snack that is healthy. I did it this on shred program year ago.

• @Ron Graves perfect meals like whey & oatmeals, or whey & fruits (apple or banana) etc.. Amazing healthy snacks. 

It really depends on the day as well, sometimes it is easier to use more shakes, other days it is better to eat :). Wholefood usually means more micronutrition.

Admin

I think everyone agrees that food is the ultimate but filling the gaps with whatever we can can be beneficial in protein shakes are exactly that.