Strength and size

• I just wanted to make another post since my first one was a lot of info. I'm trying to gain strength and size and am wondering if the volume training is the way to go.

I'm not naturally strong , as mentioned in my 1st post, I started off only lifting 50 lb dumbbells for 4 reps on incline. Should I be doing volume to get bigger and stronger or should I do HIT? 

For some reason I dont feel like lifting 40 lb dumbells for many sets will make me stronger than say 60 lb dumbell for a max set, since 60 is heavier than 40.

But I'm not am expert on this so am looking for advice and insight you could share on this for guidance.

Much appreciated.

• So basically I stay in an 8 to 12 repetition range. I know this sounds really vague, but honestly I rarely count repetitions just because I've been training for so long and if you sat and counted my repetitions I would always fall around 10 to 12. I would sometimes challenge myself and yes increase the weight but most of the time I'm getting a solid pump and getting muscle fatigue from the certain amount of weights that are pretty consistent. I hope that makes sense for you.