Getting Leaner techniques

• G'day Cutler Crew,

I'm currently 135kgs and a mixture of plenty of muscle mass and some body fat around the middle, I'm 49 and I train 7 days a week and my strength is unbelievable, probably due to playing rugby for over 20 years. I know diet is huge but I just wanted advice on how I should switch up my approach to lifting and cardio? Do I continue to lift heavy or do I cut back on my lifting and just maintain my size? Add cardio everyday or just 2 solely cardio days no weights? I'd really appreciate your ideas and guidance as I just want to make the right changes and be smart about the way I train!

Thank you Nick.

Sydney Australia 🇦🇺 

• The truth is you should always train heavy but I always suggest 8 to 12 repetitions. If you're trying to add mass and you're not carrying a lot of body fat I never suggest adding too much cardio. The only time I would add extra cardio is to increase appetite. I was always taught by Chris aceto-, that the body grows best without extra resistance which could come from too much cardio. I would much rather train twice a day which would be more productive. Just work on a schedule that allows you to train each body part once every 5 to 7 days focus on volume training in repetitions measure your workouts by the pump that you get and make sure recovery is in place. I would always suggest at least five meals a day to keep the metabolism cranking and get plenty of rest at night 6 to 7 to 8 hours. I hope this gave you a little extra insight and keep killing it.